LIMITED USA AND CANADA WARRANTY POLICY – SHELDON MANUFACTURING, INC.
Sheldon Manufacturing, Inc. (hereafter SHELDON) provides the fastest and highest quality customer service in the industry. We offer expert technical support and service, delivered in a personal and focused manner to ensure the proper operation of all products manufactured by SHELDON.
Sheldon Manufacturing, Inc. warrants that all products manufactured by SHELDON are free from defects in materials and workmanship when the equipment is used under normal operating conditions in accordance with the instructions provided by SHELDON. SHELDON, at its option, unless otherwise agreed, will repair any defective product unit or defective part of the product unit at no charge. The repair of the product will be done by a third-party service partner, by a SHELDON service technician, or by bringing the product to the SHELDON factory for evaluation and repair. At its discretion, SHELDON may choose to replace a unit or refund the purchase price, provided that:
- The warranty claim is made in writing within the period of time specified in the catalogue or in information enclosed with the product packaging; and,
- The proof of purchase by bill of sale or receipted invoice is submitted concurrently with the claim and shows that the product is within the applicable warranty period to customer service of SHELDON; and,
- The purchaser complies with Procedures for Returns listed under the General Terms and Conditions contained herein; and,
- The purchaser complies with all the manufacturer’s requirements.
- If Sheldon decides to replace a unit under warranty. New or Refurbished, the replacement device will be covered under the manufacturer's warranty either for as long as the remaining original warranty or for 90 days, whichever is longer.
The warranty is in force from the date of shipment from SHELDON’s manufacturing facility. The warranty period begins on the day the customer receives the product (drop ship from factory), but not later than 90 days after the date of shipment from SHELDON’s manufacturing facility to stock locations. SHELDON reserves the right, at its discretion, to fulfill warranty claims with refurbished or re-conditioned parts or units.
This warranty shall not apply to:
- Defects or damages resulting from (1) misuse of the product, (2) improper installation or use, including external devices and conditions such as vacuum pumps, electrical service, gas and water supply tubing, gas supplies, room ventilation, unit leveling, facility structural inadequacies or ambient conditions that are out of specification, (3) use of the product in other than its normal and customary manner, (4) accident or neglect, (5) improper testing, operation, maintenance, service, repair, installation, or storage, (6) unauthorized alteration or modification, (7) damage determined to be the result of freight or shipping after the product has left the factory; or
- Normal tear and wear of the product, its components, or parts; or
- Post-expiration dated material
- Other exclusions shall include:
- Consequential, incidental or special damages; whether shipping damage or damages that may occur during transfer to the customer’s point of use. When the equipment is signed for at the customer’s site, ownership is transferred to the customer. Any damage claims against the shipping company become the responsibility of the customer
- Parts considered consumable; including gaskets, light bulbs, filters, gases, gloves, and sleeves, etc.
- Damage from use of improper water quality or water pressure
- Damage from chemicals or cleaning agents detrimental to equipment materials
- Force Majeure or Acts of God
This warranty is the exclusive remedy of the purchaser, and SHELDON disclaims all other warranties, whether express, implied or statutory, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability and fitness for particular purpose. No employee, agent, or representative of Sheldon Manufacturing Inc. is authorized to bind Sheldon Manufacturing Inc. to any other warranty. In no event shall Sheldon be liable for incidental or consequential damages.
All express and implied warranties, including the implied warranty of merchantability and the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose are expressly disclaimed and shall not apply to any products sold or services rendered hereunder. Sheldon Manufacturing Inc. shall not be liable for consequential, incidental, special, or other direct or indirect damages resulting from economic loss or property damage sustained by any user from use of the products sold or services rendered hereunder.
RETURN POLICY of Standard Sheldon branded products only
Sheldon Manufacturing Inc. reserves itself the right, with three-month notice, to modify conditions under which standard Sheldon branded products can be returned and refunded. If the product was purchased through a dealer or third-party representative, the product return must be arranged in conjunction with the seller: (1) the product must be unused; (2) a return material authorization number (RMA) has been issued by Sheldon Manufacturing Inc.’s customer service department within 30 days after the shipment; (3) Sheldon Manufacturing receives the returned product at the factory in Cornelius, Oregon within 60 days after issuance of the return material authorization number and (4) the product must be returned in Sheldon packaging. If the packaging has been damaged or discarded, Sheldon will forward new packaging at the customer’s expense. (5) All return freight charges are the responsibility of the customer, unless it is a case of pre-approved replacement, and (6) a credit will be issued when the product has arrived at Sheldon Manufacturing Inc. and has been inspected by Sheldon to be suitable to be returned to the stock. (7) Sheldon Manufacturing Inc. will charge a 25% restocking fee on all returned products that will be deducted from the return credit. In a case of restocking costs being higher than 25% Sheldon Manufacturing will deduct the higher amount from the return credit.
RETURN POLICY of Customized and Private Label products
Sheldon Manufacturing Inc. does not accept any returns of customized products. Products made by Sheldon Manufacturing Inc. that are sold under other brand names will be handled according to mutual agreements and legal requirements.